Small business owners should take stock of the most basic digital asset: your website
If it has been 2 years or more since you last breathed any life into your website, it is time for an upgrade.
Consider these elements a “must-have” for your business website:
- Up to date contact information so you can be found quickly .
- A customer comment feature, and/or call to action that encourages a dialogue between you and your customers.
- A mobile optimized site – 61% of local searches on a mobile phone result in a phone call according to Google.
- High quality images that reflect your product and service. Poor image quality is unacceptable and fixable.
- Relevant social media links that engage with your audience are a must have.
- Testimonials to establish trust and authority for your company. Word of mouth marketing is the single most important key to building your business.
- Fresh content so search engines have reason to crawl your site. Consider adding a blog or posting articles and links. Insightful information that connects your products and resonates with your audience.
If you are not technically savvy, best leave the website design upgrade to an expert. Find companies that specialize in small businesses like yours. Determine your budget and your needs. Your website is the most critical element of your marketing plan. Invest accordingly and web traffic and sales should head your way
Hi! I realize this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established blog like yours require a large amount of work?
I am completely new to writing a blog but I do write in my journal
daily. I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!
Thanks for your inquiry. It is easy to start your own blog. Sign up at wordpress.com and start blogging!
wordpress.com is FREE and easy to learn. They offer many tutorials to get started. I purchased a Premium Theme for $68.00 USD called Watson.
The rest is easy. Give it a try. Pick a subject and begin to write. It is just that east.
Thanks for stopping by the SCOREMaine blog!
Howdy! I just want to give you a huge thumbs up for the excellent info you
have right here on this post. I am returning to
your web site for more soon.
Thanks, Louis! We’re glad to hear it.